Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Raise Your Hands for Geometry!

Raise your hands in the air like you just don't care! Spring fever has hit Room 217 in a big way so there are more brain breaks, reading outside, and using our arms as angles! The mathematicians love to show their proud teacher rays, line segments, acute, obtuse, and right angles. Their favorites are parallel, intersecting and perpendicular. We do them all in a row so there are plenty of excuses to make the HA-Yah Kung Ko fighting sounds. I even let them throw in a karate kick or chop...anything to get the ants out of their pants!

How are keeping the last weeks interesting, fun, and reasonably sane?


3 comments:

  1. Hi Joanne! I found your blog through Megan's blog design blog! And I am so glad I did! Happy to be your newest follower! :)

    Bren P. @ The Teacher Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post - you sound like your room is tons of fun - especially once that Spring Fever hits. I am going to officially integrate brain breaks this year. I guess I unofficially did it last year - mainly because I needed them!!! You have a cute blog!!! I am your newest follower!!

    I have nominated you for the Liebster Award. Check out the details on my blog - follow the link below.
    Liebster award nomination

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pic! I do the same thing in my classroom with many different math concepts. I think the movements help the concepts 'stick'. I nominated you for a Liebster Award- check out the details on my blog!
    http://downthehallinthird.blogspot.com/2013/07/mia-and-leibster-award.html
    -Jana

    ReplyDelete